Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Mother Of The Pride


Well, the Rainbow flag has been tucked away with my skinny summer clothes that I never fit into again this year.
Yup, it's that time of the year when you jump off the "I'll get into that outfit before the end of summer" and you never do.
Oh sure I can fit my ass in them, I just can't do up the fly, or maybe I can get the fly halfway up and the top button , but there is that bit of "Look what you did to my body!" as I point to my children.
Ah yes! The Children!
Sometimes I'll wander the streets and look in the eyes of strangers and say out loud. "I have two gay kids", then I usually say "well I ONLY have two kids, and they are BOTH gay" I think its kinda like having twins! after all during their teen ages they dressed alike. My girl was a "tom boy" That's what we called lesbians back in my day.
My Son? let's just say he let me dress him up as Robin Hood for a grade 8 Halloween Party. (I dressed up as Mary Katherine Gallagher that year)
I never knew my children were gay, but I was suspicious of my daughter. Those tasmanian devil track suits and catching her watching showgirls.
My son?...I really had no idea...I just thought he was an asshole.
Always shrugging his shoulders, never making eye contact, treating me like I was so not cool. I was the coolest Mom EVER!
I would dress up as a clown for his birthday parties. Take him to Harry Potter book Releases at Midnight.
I would make him Pancakes , the letter of his name and pretend I was Flo from Mel's Diner.
This Kid was lucky to have me! and I reminded him of that everyday!
Anyways...I love my kids, I am hopeful and happy and delighted to watch their lives evolve in front of me.
So the next time I tell you I have two Gay kids?...Please don't look at me as if I have a retarded spinabifita baby in a stroller bobbing it's head at you.
I am happy I beared these fruits!