Monday, April 07, 2008

My First Official Canadian Tour!


It's the eve before I start my first Official Canadian Tour! I am opening for "Puppetry of the Penis" The Res Erection Canadian Tour
Even to write the words feel surreal. You work at this, you long for this, you hang on, you beg, you borrow, you BECOME.
Yesterday I performed for a group of "ladies", an afternoon tea at a Mansion in Niagara on the Lake. It was for Big Sisters,
the "Go Girls Program"...a fundraiser so that we may mentor these fragile, beautiful, souls into carefree Women of the future.
I received a "swag" bag on my way out, and in amongst the 'swag" a brochure for Botox! Maybe I'll pass it on to my
"little sister"!? But then I think...hmmm, would I shove my ass fat in my face if it took a few years off?
Yeah probably...but not yet, for now I hang on tight to my Optimum card and buy every product that smells like youth.
My dream house will have a Shoppers in the front foyer...rag mags lined up , and my own private price checker!
I remember being 16 and watching women in their 40's, the heels, the attitudes, the freedom. And although I was a socially
statically challenged , pregnant teen, high school drop out, socially serviced, medicated and mad . I've finally come into
myself. I have arrived at the place where I longed to be. I loved performing for the ladies yesterday. They were
wonderful, and although I can cross the line, and perhaps offend, it is only my intention to make people think and LAUGH. Besides,
they tossed a somewhat unacceptable brochure in my bag! does that make it even?!
So as I begin to pack my bag with my new Spanx, to suck everything in, fantastic shoes! , a dress that confirms I am still
very much stuck in the 80s and earrings that glitter in the dark!
I am so very excited and scared and inspired and ....EVERYTHING all at once.
To stand on a stage in front over over a thousand people, in the city I was born on the eve of my birthday , five years to the very day I ever did stand-up
seems ....BRILLIANT!
here we go....